Inspired by Fontainebleau architect Morris Lapidus who said “If you create the stage and it is grand, everyone who enter’s will play their part.” The Fontainebleau philosophy embraces the grand Fontainebleau stage. Each Team Member plays their part each and every day to create memorable experiences for our guests by living the Fontainebleau Culture, Values and Fundamentals.
Fontainebleau, an international icon, is alive with energy, fun and excitement. We provide endless possibilities to our guests, from our dining and entertainment options, to our spa, shopping and recreation offerings. Our warm, friendly and reliable team members are committed to creating memorable experiences by delighting, impressing and inspiring everyone we engage with. Which is why, at Fontainebleau, we live by these words:
THE STAGE IS YOURS. LIVE YOUR PART.
Our friendly, warm and happy Team Members are committed to our vision of delivering memorable experiences to our guests – therefore ensuring Fontainebleau’s success. Fontainebleau Team Members:
ARE GUIDED BY INTEGRITY
We live responsibly, earning the trust and respect of others, through our words and deeds
We are passionate about our work, our guests and each other
We are reliable, and accountable for our actions, successes and failures
We learn and continue to grow
ARE TEAM PLAYERS
We engage with guests, fellow team members and vendors in the spirit of camaraderie
1. Smile, Say Hello, Be Warm and Friendly
2. Speed is Service: The quicker you do things for a guest, the more they will like us.
3. The Answer is Yes: Now what is the question? Find answers and solutions to fulfill guest requests, to make the guest happy.
4. Escort Guests: Whenever possible, walk with guests, even if only for a few steps. It is a perfect time to engage with our guests.
5. Be Responsive: Answer all phone calls within three rings. Have your phone covered if you cannot answer it. Return phone calls and emails within the same business day, even if just to say, “I’ll get back to you shortly on that.”
6. We are Called Team Members for a Reason: Work together, offer each other help. Look beyond your workspace and job duties.
7. Be a Host: Welcome guests to your hotel, just as you would your home. Open doors. Offer assistance. Be gracious.
8. Cleanliness is Everyone’s Responsibility: Pick up around the hotel, after yourself and others. Do not call other departments if you can clean it or take care of it yourself.
9. Know the Resort: Learn the days and hours of operation, restaurant cuisines, room numbering, meeting room names and locations, activities offered, and your way around the property.
10. Have a Professional Appearance: Follow Fontainebleau’s grooming guidelines, and always carry your pocket guide and map.
11. Be Empathetic: Say, “I am sorry, that shouldn’t have happened at Fontainebleau. Let me help.” Then, make it better. Fix it and make the guest happy.
12. Be Reliable: Own any question and request you receive, and follow up.
13. Participate: Be active in a line-up, every single day.
14. Take Pride: We are the best hotel. Be proud of it and keep it the best by living our fundamentals every day.